Friday, April 27, 2012

One Year Ago...

I was preparing for my first semester of graduate school.

I was terrified. Terrified I wouldn't be good enough. Terrified to move to utah. Terrified of living in an apartment smaller than our last one. You know- its funny. Not a whole lot has actually changed. I still have days where I feel like the worst dancer ever. I still get super annoyed by lame utah drivers. And sometimes I have to go outside because our apartment is just too suffocatingly small (though impeccably decorated).



I finished my first year of grad school wednesday friends. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm so proud of myself. Meetings with a few of my professors reminded me of how much has changed since I entered the department of modern dance. My technique. Views on certain ideologies. My appearance (remember how I had a pixie cut last summer?).

me. 

I've changed. 

You know though- everyone changes. I still would be a different person than I was last year regardless if I was dancing my rear off every day. I guess I'm just really happy to be where I am right now- my life is sorta awesome.

Summer is almost here friends. 
I can't wait to put my sundresses and flip flops on and bask in its glory.

Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment